HOW TO JOIN MERCHANT NAVY ?
Career in Merchant navy can be pursued either as an officer or a rating in mainly two specialized fields, i.e. Marine Engineering and Nautical (deck). To become a seafarer, following streams of entries (Pre-Sea courses) are available to Indian citizens in the Government as well as in private training institutions (recognized and approved by Director General of Shipping, Ministry of Shipping): –
- (DGS-IMU) approved 1 year Diploma in Nautical Science leading to BSc (Nautical Science) in collaboration with IMU
- 3 years degree course in B.Sc. Nautical Science for (10+2) students
- 4 years degree course in Marine Engineering for (10 +2) students
- 2 years Trainee Marine Engineering course for Diploma Holders in Mechanical /Marine / Shipbuilding / Naval Architecture / Electrical
- 1 year Trainee Marine Engineering course for Graduates in Mechanical Engineering / Naval Architecture
Rating (Entry standard Xth)
- 25 Weeks Pre-Sea Course for General Purpose (GP) rating.
WHAT IS THE PAY AND PERKS ?
WHAT IS THE JOB PROFILE OF A DECK OFFICER ?
WHAT IS THE JOB PROFILE OF AN ENGINEERING OFFICER ?
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT CATEGORIES OF RATINGS ?
WHAT IS A G.P. RAITNG?
WHAT IS C.D.C AND HOW DO I GET IT ?
WHAT IS INDos No. ?
WHO MUST HAVE INDos No.?
WHICH AUTHORITY DEALS WITH INDos?
Tele : 91-22-23719940/44, Fax : 91-22-23739784, Email : firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT IS THE ADVANTAGE OF INDos No. ?
HOW DO I GET INDos NO.?
For those entering the profession
- INDos numbers would be allotted by LBS CAMSAR when a person joins a pre-sea training institute that conducts approved pre-sea training courses of three months duration or more.
- Details of any modular course certificates obtained by the seafarer would be accepted only directly from approved training institutions by way of monthly statements.
- Details of documents, issued by Government authorities, such as Certificates of Competency, Letter of Authority for issue of Certificate of Competency (Commonly referred to as ‘Blue Chit’), endorsement for serving on special ship types. CDCs, etc., issued in due course would be directly communicated to the INDos centre for updating the data. Such details would not be accepted from the seafarer.
For those already in the profession
- Photocopies of certificates produced by those already in the profession would be accepted and entered into INDos.
- Such certificates would be verified subsequently from records furnished to INDos by the training institutions and authorities such as Chief Examiners (Certificates of Competency), Mercantile Marine Departments (Letter of Authority for issue of COS and endorsements for special ship types), Shipping Masters (CDCs), etc.
WHAT IS THE AQUATECH'S ROLE IN MARITIME TRAINING AND EDUCATION?
AQUATECH Institute of Maritime Studies is one of the DGS approved maritime training institutes. Situated in the heart of Delhi, the Institute offers variety of Marine Courses at competitive cost. The Institute is ISO 9001:2000 Certified and maintains strict quality control in all spheres of Education and Training.
For further information Click the link “Course Offered” and “Training Calendar”.