OIL & CHEMICAL TANKER CARGO FAMILIARIZATION COURSE
This course provides training to candidates to duly qualified under section A-V/1-1 of the STCW code with specific duties and responsibilities related to cargo or cargo equipments on oil and chemical tankers. Its comprises of basic training programme appropriate to their duties, including basic training for oil and chemical tanker safety, fire safety measures, pollution prevention, safe operational practices and obligations under applicable law and regulations.
- Be familiar with the equipment, instrumentation and controls used for cargo handling on an oil and chemical tanker
- Have acquired greater awareness of the need of proper planning and the use of checklists involved in various cargo handling operations
- Have an enhanced awareness to apply proper and safe procedures ar all times when carrying out the various operations on board oil and chemical tankers
- Be able to identify operational problems and assist in solving them
- Follow safety practices and protect the marine environment
- Be able to assist and co- ordinate action during emergencies
Assessment and Certification
On successful completion of the course, the trainee may be issued with a course completion document for basic training for oil and chemical tanker cargo operations.
E-Learning and Exit Examination
Please note that all exit exams are now conducted online the DGS website and can only be attempted once the candidates have complete the requisite e-learning hours on the DGS website.
Candidates are allowed a total of three attempts only. If you do not pass on the third attempt, that particular course has to be repeated after paying the full course fees again.
Note: As per DGS instructions it is mandatory to attempt the exit exams from the institute.